- Read Gen 14:17-20 and Hebrews 7:1-28. List all that these verses tell us about Melchizedek?
- What does it mean that he was without father or mother? Without genealogy?
- Some argue that this indicates he was the pre-incarnate Christ. What do you think about this?
- What differences are there between Aaron’s priesthood and Melchizedek’s?
- Why would Moses not record more information about Melchizedek in the OT, considering that he is a rather important character?
- Abraham gave one tenth of all his spoils. See also verse 4 where it shows he gave of the choicest. This is one basis in the Bible for the so called 10% tithe.
- What does this show us about Melchizedek? What does this show us about Abraham?
- Should we also give ten percent? Should we give just if we have some extra or something leftover?
- Can you afford to give? (Read Mark 12:41-44) What should be the motivation? What kind of things should we give to? Discuss.