- When do you feel the most refreshed each week? When do you feel the most stressed?
- Think of a famous person or celebrity? What do you think it would be like to live in their shoes? What would be fun? What would not be fun?
- Read Matthew 4:23-25; 8:1; 8:34. How might these short passages describe what Jesus’ life must have felt like? What do you think it might have felt like to wake up every morning as Jesus?
- Divide the following short verses amongst your Growth Group and read each passage aloud: Matthew 8:18-22. Matthew 10:1,5. Matthew 13:36. Matthew 14:13, 22-23. Matthew 15:21. Matthew 17:1. What discoveries and observations can you make of how Jesus managed the demands and expectations of his time?
- When I think of prayer I feel… a.) peace/good? b.) inadequate? c.) anticipation/excitement d.) nervous? e.) guilty/duty? f.) helped/relieved? g.) all of the above depending on the day h.) __________________?
- What most describes you? a.) It’s easy for me to find time to pray b.) It’s hard for me to find time to pray? c.) I’m hit and miss with prayer? d.) I have a regular prayer time?
- How do you feel you manage the tension of the expectations and time that people have of you?
- Are there ‘crowds’, ‘expectations’, or ‘demands’ that you need give less of your attention to and live with the tension of not meeting those expectations, so you can give more of your attention to God, your spouse, your family, or your friends?
- What is one thing that you could start or stop doing that would help you live in God’s rhythm better?