• Look around the room at your fellow group members. Before we start this week’s session we need to realize one thing, THEY ARE ALL QUITTERS!!! 🙂 We are all quitters! Now that that is in the open please feel free to share openly with the rest of your fellow quitters! 🙂
• Think of a time when you quit something you wish you hadn’t. How did it impact your life moving forward?
• Out of the 6 D’s mentioned by Kent (Defeats, Disillusionment, Devastation, Depression, Divorce and Death) which has impacted you the most? Explain.
• Kent uses Hebrews 12:1. This verse starts with a “Therefore”. Whenever we see a “therefore” we must ask ourselves, “What is it there for?”. Read Hebrews 11:29-35 and 12:1 to find out why.
What is it “therefore”? Who are these “crowd of witnesses” and why are they a great example? What are some examples of the “weight that slows us down” and how do we “strip it off”.
• What is the answer to every question asked in Kid’s Church? JESUS!!! Though this may not always be the correct answer to every question asked in Kids Church, it is here! Kent points out that God has “given all of heaven’s resources” to overcome the D’s. How do you use those resources in your life? Give an example of how you or someone you know overcame one of the 6 D’s with faith.
• If one of the D’s is pressing in on your life right now, don’t go through it alone. The people you are sitting with are ready to walk through all of life with you – the good and the bad. Read Galatians 6:2 and Ecclesiastes 4:9-12. Take this time for prayer requests as a group.