1. Tell the group your favorite memory over this Christmas season.
2. Pastor Kent gives a quote from Author Sheldon Vanauken. He states, “The best argument for Christianity is Christians: their joy, their certainty, their completeness. But the strongest argument against Christianity is also Christians—when they are somber and joyless, when they are self-righteous and smug in complacent consecration, when they are narrow and repressive, then Christianity dies a thousand deaths.”
- What do you think Christians are truly known for in society today?
- What Should Christians be known for in our society?
3. That’s what this vision series is all about! Changing the narrative from being known by what we are against, to what we are truly FOR! This starts with us and how we live within our community. This week focuses on how we live our lives for people. To see lives changed within our own social groups. Read Mark 2:1-5.
- Why would these men go to such great lengths FOR the paralyzed man?
- Do we see people within our social circles in this same way? Are we desperate to “get them to Jesus” so they can be healed spiritually? Why or why not?
- Do we truly believe that an encounter with Jesus can change the hearts of those around us?
4). “People aren’t going to know that Jesus is For them, if we aren’t FOR them first!” Pastor Kent gave this challenge, pick 4 people that you are FOR! Once you have selected your 4 show them that you are FOR them!
- “The size of your impact of your life will be determined by the size of your heart for people.” How do we grow our heart for these people?
- Have you identified your 4 you are FOR?
- What are some practical ways you can show your 4 you are FOR them?